Studio Capture is a very helpful tool that allows you to use images and descriptions from websites to create items.
To be able to begin using Studio Capture you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the main page of Studio Designer and select Studio Capture. Next you need to add this to your favorites bar of your internet browser in order to use it.
For Safari and Chrome users: Drag the Studio Capture Link to your favorites bar and it will automatically add it.
For Firefox users: Right click the Studio Capture button and click “Add to Favorites”
Now that Studio Capture is in the favorites bar you can start to use this tool.
- Go to a website for a vendor that you would like to create an item for and select a product you would like to create an item with.
- Now you can select Studio Capture up in your bookmarks bar and it will open up on the right side of your page.
- Once the Studio Capture app is loaded on the right side of your page you can start to capture the images and text for the item. To do this you first select the field on Capture that you would like to be getting the text or image for. Next you simply click the image or text on the vendor website and it will add this to the Capture field
- Next you want to fill in the remaining information for the item you are creating. The following fields mean:
- Description: Name of the Item
- Long Description: The details regarding the item (optional)
- Image: Where you add images to item
- Image Folder: Where your images are saved in Studio Designer
- Vendor: Name of vendor you have already created in Studio Designer
- Ship To: Where the item is going to be shipped to
- Client: Which client/project the item belongs to
- Sales Code: Describes what kind of item you are creating Ex. Accessory, furniture, electronics, etc..
- Room List: You can add this item to a room list you have created
- Room: You can add this item to a room you have created
- Quantity: How many units of the item
- Price: The purchase price of the item
- Currency: What currency the price is in
- Before saving you can create an image folder that you can add your Studio Capture images to. Keep in mind you cannot name a folder with special characters or spaces. If you do the images will appear blank for your item.
- Once you have all of this information filled in you can click Save in the top right corner. Once you do this you will be able to find the item you created in studio designer under items and searching by Client/Project, Room, etc… Keep in mind when using Studio Capture to create items it will always autofill the text "Studio Capture" for the item #. If you don't want this you will need to edit the item and manually change the item #.