When you’re out at a meeting and charging by the hour, you need to keep track of the time spent working to know how much to charge your clients. Time Billing can help keep track of how much time for what activity was spent on which client. In addition to tracking billable hours, non-billable time is also trackable (emails, online calls, preparing invoices, etc.).
Studio Designer helps you see how much billable vs non-billable activities affects your earnings in an easy manner.
1. On the navigation bar, select "Time Billing".
2. To make a new entry, select "Track Time" on the top right.
3. Enter your information for the following:
Activity is the ID you wish to label this time billing entry for. This may be for a "Design Meeting", "Consultation", etc. Your selections will be based on the "Activities" made in your "Settings".
Employee shows a list of your employee added under your "My Employees" section to assign for this time billing.
Client/Project is the client or project this time billing is involved with.
Date sets the date this time billing took place.
Start/End Time shows the start and end time of the activity.
Quantity refers to the amount of time according to your "Start/ End Time"
Client Rate is the amount per hour being charged towards this Client.
Employee Rate is the amount the employee chosen charges for this Time Billing.
If this Time Billing is Billable or Taxable, check the checkboxes.
4. Select "Save" to save your information for your new entry.
5. After creating your entry, you can now create invoices for them. To do so, check the entry or multiple entries from the checkboxes.
6. Select "Create Invoice" on the top right.
7. An Invoice number will be generated for your selection afterward. You may also click on the number to view your new Invoice.
8. Select the three dot icon.
9. New filter options will be shown for you to filter through the "Invoice #", "Activity" and "Description". Helping you to refine your search and find what you need.